Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Presence

How do I began to explain my joy in feeling the Divine Presence moving and acting in my life? How can one describe how this feels?

At times I can sense It stronger and at other times less so. It waxes and wanes like some cosmic tide. When my mind is focused, empty of temptation and negative thoughts, I can feel Its guiding Grace. It is there during prayer and naturally strongest after receiving the Eucharist.

I have always felt it when I'm in a creative mode (like right now!) or when viewing art. Some would say this is "only" what is described as the aesthetic emotion. In art class I would hold back explaining how my creative process worked. I would though, tell them that the same feeling I have when viewing art work is the same as when I am creating. They still thought I was a bit nuts.(lol) How could I dare tell them that this gift, this talent for creating had origins in the Divine? How could I tell them that I was, for lack of a better word, channeling the Holy Spirit? Is this what happens when one "lets go and lets God"? I have always thought this may be true and now I'm fairly certain of it.

We are created by God, in His image, so it's only natural that the need to create be apart of what we are. No other animal on this planet produces art for its own sake. No creature, other then ourselves, can appreciate beauty. Is this all just apart of higher brain function? I think not...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home